TCM & the Teenage Years with Rebecca Avern (10 CPD)
AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW
- Adolescence is a time of major change - for individuals and parents. This course looks at the teenage years from a TCM and Five Element perspective and covers:
- The nature of puberty and adolescence from a Chinese medicine perspective
- What should happen and what does happen: physiology and pathology in teenagers
- The key 21st century causes of disease in teenagers
- The impact of Social Media on Mental Health
- Practicalities of working with teenagers
- Teenage anxiety and depression
Available right now - FULL COURSE - watch and learn at your own pace.
Setting the Scene:
- The nature of adolescence
- 5 Element aspects of adolescence
- Common teenage pathologies - cause and treatment
New and Emerging Trends (Julian Scott)
- Sex and sexuality
- Gender role confusion
- Mobile phones
- Puberty in the 21st Century
- Peer support
Working with Teenagers and Creating a Smooth Path Through Puberty:
- Key principles when treating teenagers
- Early puberty
- Difficult puberty
- Establishing a healthy menstrual cycle
The Shen and Teenagers:
- Talking with teenagers
- Causes Anxiety and Depression
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Health conditions
Supporting the most vulnerable teens
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Self Harm
- "Blocks" to treatment
- Working with especially vulnerable teenagers
CPD / PDA / CEU Certification
You will be required to complete a quiz assessment and receive a 70% pass mark.
On completion of the course you'll receive a certificate for 10 CPD/ PDA/ CEU points or hours.
This course is accredited with the NCCAOM and California Board in the USA, and your certificate of completion is accepted in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, the UK, Ireland and parts of Europe.
We highly recommend you buy a copy of Rebecca's book to get the most out of this training course.